- 30/05/2018 This week on Friday the 1st June Tom Bailey will release his new single What Kind Of World. A catchy pop tune with a touch of Latin American sound. The song is single of the week on BBC Radio Cornwall where they are playing it every day. And this morning Tom was live in the Radio Cornwall studio to talk to David White about the new single and album. It has also been getting play on Radio 2 and last night Tom chatted to Ana Matronic of the Scissor Sisters who was standing in for Sarah Cox. As a thank you to fans who pledged the radio edit of the song was made available to stream and download on Pledge. you can listen to both interviews online via the following links. David White Interview www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0673zfr Ana Matronic interview www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0b3flv7
And it made its live debut at Let's Rock The Moor last week. Fan Keith Rule posted this great video of the song.
- Another song from the album called Feels Like Love To Me was the first to be premiered from to the public and also made available to download and stream on Pledge or play from Tom's official YouTube Channel
- 25/04/2018 This week the title and artwork for Tom Bailey's new album was released. It is called Science Fiction and the standard version contains ten tracks. It looks set to be released in July. Today a pledge for the new album went live with a whole host of goodies. Including a double CD media book with 7 bonus tracks. Signed vinyl and t-shirts. You could even own his original tour guitar from the 80's for a cool £5,000. Check out all the great items for sale on Tom's pledge page now. www.pledgemusic.com/projects/tom-bailey-science-fiction
- 13/04/2018 Most fans will already be aware that Tom will be playing a whole host of summer dates in the U.S. supporting Culture Club on the American leg of their Life Tour along with the B-52s. The U.S 41 date tour starts the 29th June in Saint Augustine Florida and end on the 3rd October at the Greek Theatre in LA. Tom will also be squeezing in a solo date on the 5th July in Biloxi MS. And this week on Wednesday morning Boy George announced on Radio 2 dates for the UK part of their tour with Tom and Belinda Carlisle as support. The UK leg is currently 11 dates from the 9th to the 23rd November. But George has been promoting the tour on T.V. and radio and stated than they need too and will extend the tour to add more U.K. dates. Tom will get to play 45 minute sets and best of all included on the tour is Glasgow's Arena venue The Hydro yeehah. Simply a great venue to see a concert in. The U.K dates are included in the poster below.
- 15/03/2018 Sorry for the late update and for not having added news for a while. Tom Bailey is supporting A-ha on their UK Electric Summer tour throughout June. The locations range from Blackpool to Cambridge. Also on the bill are OMD except for Yoevil on June the 9th where China Crisis replace Marc Almond. Details can be found on the official A-ha site tour page. a-ha.com/tickets Tom will also play Rewind Festival South Henley on Sunday 19th August and Let's Rock The Moor 2018 Saturday 19th May
News of more live dates have been arriving this week from eagle eyed fans. Following their successful tour of Australia last year Tom is one of the support acts for dates of Culture Clubs tour of the United States. So far dates are Biloxi MS July 5th, Asbury Park New Jersey August 3rd, Chicago August 31st and Washington State Fair September 13th.
- 25/10/2017 Tom Bailey will be special guest on the Culture Club 2017 Australian tour. Culture Club are doing an eight day tour of that country starting in Melbourne on the 30th November. More information can be found on the official Culture Club website. A tour not to be missed. www.culture-club.co.uk
- Tom will also play at 80’s In The Sand Punta Cana Dominican Republic in November 2017 with fellow 80’s artists such Jones, Berlin and A Flock Of Seagulls www.80sinthesand.com/
- 18/11/2016 Tom Bailey is joining the lineup for The 80's Cruise in 2017. The cruise aboard the Celebrity Summit ship runs from February 11th to the 18th. Hosting a week filled with 80's music and activities the lineup will also feature the likes of Belinda Carlisle, Howard Jones, Debbie Gibson, Berlin and many more.. The cruise will sale from Ft Lauderdale Florida via Mexico. Jamaica ,The Caymen Islands and Bahamas finally arriving back at Ft Lauderdale. All the info and pricing can be found at their site www.the80scruise.com
- Tom will also be performing at 80's In The Sand hosted in the resort of Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic. The Event runs from Nov 11th to the 18th 2017 and other artists include again Howard Jones, Berlin and A Flock Of Seagulls and more. Fore more info and bookings visit www.80sinthesand.com/
- 04/04/2016 Lots of exciting news this week as Tom Bailey's new single Come So Far is now available to pre-order from Pledge Music.. The single will be released on the 17th June and a digital download will be available on the 11th April as a pay as you want service. Come So Far is being sold on the Cooking Vinyl label and via Pledge in Many Different options as a limited edition 7" red coloured vinyl hand signed and numbered by Tom and other goodies such as a test pressing limited to 30 copies. Plus records personalized to you. The song is a moving tale of a refugee family forced from their home having to leave their country and knowing where they come from but not where they are going. Its seen from the perspective of the refugees. The little girl in the video for the song played so wonderfully by Anya Pitchie-Cooper features on the cover artwork for the single.
- To order the new single visit http://cookingvinylcodes.com/tombailey/pledgesplash/
You can follow Tom on Pledge music to keep up to date
And as always for all the official news visit Tom's site at thompsontwinstombailey.co.uk For more information about Medicins Sans Frontieres and the good work that they do visit www.msf.org.uk.
- 01/04/2016 Vinyl 180 are to release Thompson Twins biggest classic number one album Into The Gap on blue vinyl. As with previous releases initial copies will be blue. This 180g remastered edition of the record will be released on the 27th May and follows hot on the heels of Quick Step And Side Kick and Set. This was the Twins biggest selling album and featured the hits Hold Me Now, Doctor! Doctor!, You Take Me Up and Sister Of Mercy. There is no news yet as to whether a double LP will follow later in the year. I will keep you all posted on that. Nothing on the release from Vinyl 180 yet but it has been reported via Super Deluxe Edition and is also available for pre order from Amazon UK.
- 18/03/2016 Vinyl 180 are putting out a limited edition 500 copy double red vinyl of Thompson Twins second album "Set" as a Record Store Day special in the UK. It will feature the complete album plus a bonus disc of 4 extended versions. These mixes are 1. In The Name Of Love (12 inch Dance Mix). 2. Runaway ( Extended Mix) 3. Bouncing (Extended Mix) 4. In The Name Of Love (Big Value Version- Synthesized version) http://www.vinyl180.com/acatalog/Set.html#a101
For a list of participating record stores you can visit the Record Store Day Site at http://recordstoreday.co.uk
- 27/02/2016 Lots of news to report this week. The follow up Vinyl 180 release the follow up to the yellow vinyl of Quickstep And Side Kick released at the end of last year is a double black vinyl featuring the album and the six original cassette remixes. It is a limited run of 500 copies out on the 1st April 2016 and is available for pre-order at http://www.vinyl180.com/acatalog/Quick-Step---Side-Kick.html
A new Thompson Twins compilation double CD called Hold Me Now The Very Best Of Thompson Twins on the Metro Select label. Judging by previous releases this could be issued as a digipak sleeve and features an unusual track list of songs as it features early tracks such as Squares And Triangles and She In Love With Mystery. On the face of it there is nothing new here but these compilations can sometimes throw up rare demo like versions of songs. full details from Amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01BCWS62I
Tom Bailey will play a gig at the Concorde 2 Brighton UK on the 19th June 2016. The gig just before
his appearance with Nile Rodgers at Fold Festival will go on sale on the 5th March priced at £24.99. Concorde 2 say that Tom will also do another tour the US later this year also. Visit the Concorde 2 website for booking details. https://www.concorde2.co.uk/events/tom-bailey
- 29/01/2016 Thompson Twins Tom Bailey will this year headline Sunday night of Rewind Festival North. The festival will be held on August 5th-7th at Capesthorne Hall Cheshire. More details can be found at http://www.rewindfestival.com/north/lineup
- 20/01/2016 Tom Bailey has been invited to play at the Fold Festival by Nile Rodgers who brings his festival to the UK for the first time in June of this year for three days.. On Friday the 24th June Chic featuring Nile Rodgers will headline with Alison Moyet performing with Chic and Thompson Twins Tom Bailey as special guest. Tickets are on sale now and can be purchased from. www.robomagiclive.com and www.ticketmaster.co.uk visit http://www.foldfestival.co.uk for more information.
Tom has revealed some details of a forthcoming single which is called "Come So Far". He has just finished filming a video for the song which was directed by Sean J Vincent. A photo from the shoot was posted on Facebook. The single will be released soon and an album is also planned. This marks Tom's return to making pop music.
- 13/10/2015 Exciting news arrives for Thompson Twins fans today. The people at 180 Vinyl are to give the Thompson Twins Quickstep And Side Kick the vinyl reissue treatment. They are to reissue the album remastered and pressed initially on 180g yellow coloured vinyl. It will be released on the 25 November 2015 with a newly designed inner bag. A 2LP deluxe version will appear sometime in 2016 with new sleeve notes by Tom Bailey. Stating that this is the first of their Thompson Twins reissues they look set to give the other big Twins albums Into The Gap and Here's To Future Days the same deluxe treatment. Although this has not been confirmed yet. :Lets hope that some company now takes the initiative to produce Into The Gap Live and Single Vision on DVD or much better still Blu-ray. Something that is often requested and much sought after by fans. You can pre order the album from this link http://www.vinyl180.com/acatalog/Quick-Step---Side-Kick.html
- 13/08 2105 International Observer aka Tom Bailey is releasing his latest dub CD in October titled Retouched which follows his previous release Touched. It continues to showcase the work that International Observer has done for other people such as NZ band stellar* and features tracks never before released the CD in both standard and Limited edition signed by Tom and Lauren can be pre-ordered from https://internationalobserver.bandcamp.com/
- A Teefax Thompson Twins fan club reunion will be held at Butlins Minehead UK on the 5th December. The event has been put together by a good friend and lifelong Thompson Twins fan Andrew Morely and former fan club runner Vivienne Tayler. Its open to former Teefax members and Lifelong Thompson Twins fans. The Reunion coincides with a Here And Now 80's weekend at Butlins with Thompson Twins Tom Bailey, Limahl, Go West, Curiosity Killed The Cat, Paul Yound and more to be announced. The venue for our Teefax get-together is to be held and Minehead Golf Club next door. It is hoped that Tom will be able to make an appearance. There will be food music karaoke an auction and prize draw and lots more fun. Plus the chance to catch up with other fans and reminisce. All profits will go to charity. Don't miss out on this rare opportunity. Tickets are priced at £15. A facebook event page has been created with details of how to book tickets https://www.facebook.com/events/453443631501410/ To book your Here And Now 80's weekend go to http://www.bigweekends.com/the-weekends/here-and-now.aspx