- 18/11/2016 Tom Bailey is joining the lineup for The 80's Cruise in 2017. The cruise aboard the Celebrity Summit ship runs from February 11th to the 18th. Hosting a week filled with 80's music and activities the lineup will also feature the likes of Belinda Carlisle, Howard Jones, Debbie Gibson, Berlin and many more.. The cruise will sale from Ft Lauderdale Florida via Mexico. Jamaica ,The Caymen Islands and Bahamas finally arriving back at Ft Lauderdale. All the info and pricing can be found at their site www.the80scruise.com
- Tom will also be performing at 80's In The Sand hosted in the resort of Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic. The Event runs from Nov 11th to the 18th 2017 and other artists include again Howard Jones, Berlin and A Flock Of Seagulls and more. Fore more info and bookings visit www.80sinthesand.com/
- 04/04/2016 Lots of exciting news this week as Tom Bailey's new single Come So Far is now available to pre-order from Pledge Music.. The single will be released on the 17th June and a digital download will be available on the 11th April as a pay as you want service. Come So Far is being sold on the Cooking Vinyl label and via Pledge in Many Different options as a limited edition 7" red coloured vinyl hand signed and numbered by Tom and other goodies such as a test pressing limited to 30 copies. Plus records personalized to you. The song is a moving tale of a refugee family forced from their home having to leave their country and knowing where they come from but not where they are going. Its seen from the perspective of the refugees. The little girl in the video for the song played so wonderfully by Anya Pitchie-Cooper features on the cover artwork for the single.
- To order the new single visit http://cookingvinylcodes.com/tombailey/pledgesplash/
You can follow Tom on Pledge music to keep up to date
And as always for all the official news visit Tom's site at thompsontwinstombailey.co.uk For more information about Medicins Sans Frontieres and the good work that they do visit www.msf.org.uk.
- 01/04/2016 Vinyl 180 are to release Thompson Twins biggest classic number one album Into The Gap on blue vinyl. As with previous releases initial copies will be blue. This 180g remastered edition of the record will be released on the 27th May and follows hot on the heels of Quick Step And Side Kick and Set. This was the Twins biggest selling album and featured the hits Hold Me Now, Doctor! Doctor!, You Take Me Up and Sister Of Mercy. There is no news yet as to whether a double LP will follow later in the year. I will keep you all posted on that. Nothing on the release from Vinyl 180 yet but it has been reported via Super Deluxe Edition and is also available for pre order from Amazon UK.
- 18/03/2016 Vinyl 180 are putting out a limited edition 500 copy double red vinyl of Thompson Twins second album "Set" as a Record Store Day special in the UK. It will feature the complete album plus a bonus disc of 4 extended versions. These mixes are 1. In The Name Of Love (12 inch Dance Mix). 2. Runaway ( Extended Mix) 3. Bouncing (Extended Mix) 4. In The Name Of Love (Big Value Version- Synthesized version) http://www.vinyl180.com/acatalog/Set.html#a101
For a list of participating record stores you can visit the Record Store Day Site at http://recordstoreday.co.uk
- 27/02/2016 Lots of news to report this week. The follow up Vinyl 180 release the follow up to the yellow vinyl of Quickstep And Side Kick released at the end of last year is a double black vinyl featuring the album and the six original cassette remixes. It is a limited run of 500 copies out on the 1st April 2016 and is available for pre-order at http://www.vinyl180.com/acatalog/Quick-Step---Side-Kick.html
A new Thompson Twins compilation double CD called Hold Me Now The Very Best Of Thompson Twins on the Metro Select label. Judging by previous releases this could be issued as a digipak sleeve and features an unusual track list of songs as it features early tracks such as Squares And Triangles and She In Love With Mystery. On the face of it there is nothing new here but these compilations can sometimes throw up rare demo like versions of songs. full details from Amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01BCWS62I
Tom Bailey will play a gig at the Concorde 2 Brighton UK on the 19th June 2016. The gig just before
his appearance with Nile Rodgers at Fold Festival will go on sale on the 5th March priced at £24.99. Concorde 2 say that Tom will also do another tour the US later this year also. Visit the Concorde 2 website for booking details. https://www.concorde2.co.uk/events/tom-bailey
- 29/01/2016 Thompson Twins Tom Bailey will this year headline Sunday night of Rewind Festival North. The festival will be held on August 5th-7th at Capesthorne Hall Cheshire. More details can be found at http://www.rewindfestival.com/north/lineup
- 20/01/2016 Tom Bailey has been invited to play at the Fold Festival by Nile Rodgers who brings his festival to the UK for the first time in June of this year for three days.. On Friday the 24th June Chic featuring Nile Rodgers will headline with Alison Moyet performing with Chic and Thompson Twins Tom Bailey as special guest. Tickets are on sale now and can be purchased from. www.robomagiclive.com and www.ticketmaster.co.uk visit http://www.foldfestival.co.uk for more information.
Tom has revealed some details of a forthcoming single which is called "Come So Far". He has just finished filming a video for the song which was directed by Sean J Vincent. A photo from the shoot was posted on Facebook. The single will be released soon and an album is also planned. This marks Tom's return to making pop music.
- 13/10/2015 Exciting news arrives for Thompson Twins fans today. The people at 180 Vinyl are to give the Thompson Twins Quickstep And Side Kick the vinyl reissue treatment. They are to reissue the album remastered and pressed initially on 180g yellow coloured vinyl. It will be released on the 25 November 2015 with a newly designed inner bag. A 2LP deluxe version will appear sometime in 2016 with new sleeve notes by Tom Bailey. Stating that this is the first of their Thompson Twins reissues they look set to give the other big Twins albums Into The Gap and Here's To Future Days the same deluxe treatment. Although this has not been confirmed yet. :Lets hope that some company now takes the initiative to produce Into The Gap Live and Single Vision on DVD or much better still Blu-ray. Something that is often requested and much sought after by fans. You can pre order the album from this link http://www.vinyl180.com/acatalog/Quick-Step---Side-Kick.html
- 13/08 2105 International Observer aka Tom Bailey is releasing his latest dub CD in October titled Retouched which follows his previous release Touched. It continues to showcase the work that International Observer has done for other people such as NZ band stellar* and features tracks never before released the CD in both standard and Limited edition signed by Tom and Lauren can be pre-ordered from https://internationalobserver.bandcamp.com/
- A Teefax Thompson Twins fan club reunion will be held at Butlins Minehead UK on the 5th December. The event has been put together by a good friend and lifelong Thompson Twins fan Andrew Morely and former fan club runner Vivienne Tayler. Its open to former Teefax members and Lifelong Thompson Twins fans. The Reunion coincides with a Here And Now 80's weekend at Butlins with Thompson Twins Tom Bailey, Limahl, Go West, Curiosity Killed The Cat, Paul Yound and more to be announced. The venue for our Teefax get-together is to be held and Minehead Golf Club next door. It is hoped that Tom will be able to make an appearance. There will be food music karaoke an auction and prize draw and lots more fun. Plus the chance to catch up with other fans and reminisce. All profits will go to charity. Don't miss out on this rare opportunity. Tickets are priced at £15. A facebook event page has been created with details of how to book tickets https://www.facebook.com/events/453443631501410/ To book your Here And Now 80's weekend go to http://www.bigweekends.com/the-weekends/here-and-now.aspx